PDA

View Full Version : Glossy Ibis .. part of one !!!

Alfred Forns
03-14-2009, 06:06 PM
One of the first images from the MK3 This was actually a workshop participant's camera and was attached to a 400DO + Converter !!! Bird was in the weeds and took off straight at me, at the time I was set up with all AF points selected for purple martins (nailed a few), worked just fine. Just been out with it a couple of days and feeling very comfortable. My biggest adjustment has been exposures ... each system has its own peculiarity !!! Image not real conventional but sort of like it !!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1DMk3
400 DO 1.4X
f 5.6 1/1250 sec
Manual exp
ISO 800

denise ippolito
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Alfred, The crop is unique, nice details and colors with a beautiful BG!

Fabs Forns
03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey, I have the other half of the bird :D:D
Loved the crop when you showed me. Wish the glossies were more cooperative, they sure look good in pictures!

Alfred Forns
03-14-2009, 06:33 PM
.. btw its basically a full frame with just a tad of the bottom !!

Gus Cobos
03-14-2009, 07:05 PM
This is an unconventional point of view...:eek::D:p I like it...the deep, rich colors on your bird are superb. :cool:

Randy Stout
03-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Alfred:

I agree with the positive comments, and like Gus I really like the colors. Most of my glossy pictures are just dark. I took a number this AM at the Rookery, and just wasn't happy with them. I also like the green on the bill!

Of course, it would have been considerably better with the D3.:D:D

Randy

John Blumenkamp
03-14-2009, 10:58 PM
I like the uniqueness of the crop on this Al... I think it works well. I might even play with cropping a small amount right - just a thought. Cool image!

Tony Whitehead
03-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Unconventional but good, Al. Sharpness is great on the bill and face. Quite dynamic with the raised wings and spread tail. Looks like an amputee with the birds right leg seeming to end without a foot. I might be tempted to clone out the one spot of duckweed at the root of the wing.

Beth Goffe
03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I like this one, Al. You've got great eye contact which I think is what makes the image for me with this unconventional crop. The colors and contrasting duckweed on the bill are beautiful, too. It got nice and close to you. I was not lucky enough to get a nice glossy image like this one - hopefully one day!