PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill from the Hooptie

Roman Kurywczak
03-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Took my clients out with James Shadle on the Hooptie
Thursday.....only have about 10 minutes before I head out....but decided to show one of the 1000's of spoonie shots my clients and I got! I've been coming down to Fla for about 15 years now and have never seen so many spoonbills!!! Not only were we always in the right position......he was also just fun to be with! Did I mention the 100's of other birds...from Ibis to reddish egrets........nesting pelican.....and oh yeah.....mating oystercatchers! (I probably missed a bunch of other species too).

I also want to give James a big thumbs up.....because one of my clients was a 72 year young woman......who was a bit nervous going out for the first time on a boat to photograph........by the end of the day.....needles to say she was extatic not only with the images......but she was thrilled how James made her at ease! She'd looking to go out again!!! Thanks for the great day out James and looking forward to many more outings!
Canon Mark 3 with Sigma 300-800mm lens at 800mm for 1/3200 sec. at f8 and ISO 800.

denise ippolito
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Roman, Beautiful pose ,HA and light! Great details and a beautiful BG! Nicely done!!

kevinmat
03-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Roman, great capture. Good pose and eye contact. That Sigma remains very good at 800mm - a great advertisement for that lens.

Art Kornienko
03-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Really nice Roman, eye capturing for sure, I too am amazed at how good the Sigma is at 800.

Fabs Forns
03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Beautifully done, my friend. Sorry I missed you this time down.

Wish I could have been there in the Hooptie Deux with you :)

Beth Goffe
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey Roman, really nice eye contact, exposure and sharpness on this guy! I hope someday to have the opportunity to one of these trips. Look forward to seeing you at the beach! :)