PDA

View Full Version : Rust E. Bucket (Rusty for short)

Jim Poor
01-26-2008, 09:49 PM
No, we didn't really name the poor guy that, but he does get called rust bucket now and then.

Rusty is number three in our pack of four-footed children. We adopted him just over two years ago and we figure he is 4-ish years old and most Golden Retriever or Irish Setter.

He's the most mellow, cuddly dog I've ever met and when we first met him, he just crawled in my lap, curled up and went to sleep. That pretty much sealed the deal.

To go along with the rest of our circus act, Rusty is missing his left rear foot, but he was born that way and doesn't notice at all. He even stands on his "nub" when he marks territory and such.

It appears that the horizon is not level, but on closer inspection, you can see that the floor itself was uneven (compare to the top of the bricks) and has been replaced. That let me get rid of the pink carpet too :D

http://www.pbase.com/jimpoor/image/86770522/original.jpg

Alfred Forns
01-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Beautiful setting for Rusty !!!! Looks like you have a great crew !!! Does seem to have a great temperament !!!!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Wow what an inviting image . Wish I could just step in to this moment. Beautiful four footed friend Jim and I would say he is one fortunate puppy. Thanks for sharing this with us.

George DeCamp
01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Curled up by the fireplace on a cold winter day....that doggie is smart!
Nice image!!

Fabs Forns
01-28-2008, 11:39 AM
You have a collection of good looking pooches :) :) :)