PDA

View Full Version : Morning or Evening Best for Anhinga?

Michael Bertelsen
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I was going to take my son over to the anhinga trail tomarrow is it best in the morning or evening for lighting?

Thanks,

Michael

Fabs Forns
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
It works both ways, but I think there may be more activity in the afternoon as of this week. Keep your eyes open for Swallow-tailed Kites over the parking lot!
Enjoy!

Michael Pancier
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
It works both ways, but I think there may be more activity in the afternoon as of this week. Keep your eyes open for Swallow-tailed Kites over the parking lot!
Enjoy!

fabs any sightings yet over the lot?

Judd Patterson
03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Michael, because of the design of the trail, there is plenty of good light for both morning and evening. I definitely enjoy both (and the relative quiet of dawn can be extra nice). Whichever you choose, you should have fun!

As far as Swallow-tailed Kites, I am aware of at least one report from the Anhinga Trail parking lot last weekend...they are definitely beginning to frequent again.

Fabs Forns
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
fabs any sightings yet over the lot?

Sunday afternoon there were two soaring, no approach. Have not seen them on Monday morning or yesterday evening.

Michael Bertelsen
03-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks everybody, I will have to do both I guess.
I have seen the same three swallowtail kites over the Turner River & the Lopaz River.
But you will need a boat to get close.
There is a Bald Eagle nest on the closest Island to Pavilion Island, but again a boat is needed.

Thanks,

Michael Bertelsen
www.algonquinparkphototours.com (http://www.algonquinparkphototours.com)