PDA

View Full Version : "Mother and Child Reunion"

Gus Cobos
03-12-2009, 10:49 AM
“Mother and Child Reunion”

This is Lady Francis and one of her babies. Lady Francis resides in my Pops garden by the flower beds. She was busy carring her little one to their new home across the garden beside the coral rocks by the croton bushes. Lady Francis was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 200mm f/4D macro lens with a 20mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode @ in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 320 / white balance @ cloudy / 1/500sec. - f/5.6 / AF-mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - no speedlight - ambient lighting / exposure comp @ +0.7EV / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +3 degrees / support platform - hand held; braced against tree /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Gus, Great moment you captured-if you hadn't told us I would of thought she was eating lunch! Very cool skin!

Anita Bower
03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Beautiful details and colors.

Steve Maxson
03-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi Gus. I like the behavior captured and all the details in the adult. I think that this lizard is an anole - right? As far as I am aware (and please correct me if I am wrong because I would like to know :) ), anoles do not exhibit parental care - thus, I would suggest to you that the small lizard is, in fact, a meal. (lizards are known to eat hatchlings) This is a very nice behavioral image either way.

Mike Moats
03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Gus, you sure have some fun stuff in your yard, another great image.

Ken Hawk
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Your Pops garden must be running wick with wildlife.

I seem to be tilting my head to look at this one, would it be better rotated.
I also think it could do with a bit more DOF, the young one or is it the meals tail is a bit distracting OOF.
Saying that I would be happy if it was mine.

Thanks newbe Ken ;)