PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Little Blue

Joe Senzatimore
03-12-2009, 05:59 AM
This image was taken on a foggy morning at Ding Darling. Due to the fog the image appeared flat and lifeless. Did a fair amount of PP in PS in an attempt to salvage it as I liked the pose and setting. Would be very interested in any and all comments on this one.

400ISO f5.6 at 1/400th

Randy Stout
03-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Joe:

I think you did pretty well here. It still lacks the last little bit of pop, but this may be as far as you can push it. I find the perch a bit overpowering, but don't know how you could crop it any differently. If you were into major cloning, you could eliminate the large black branch on the lower right.

There is a little debris on the bill I would clean up. Great display of those feet and legs.

It might be interesting to see the original(as a repost), and a few details of your adjustments, just to see how far you have come!

Thanks

Randy

Arthur Morris
03-12-2009, 07:59 AM
This is a nicely designed image and I like the BKGR. The perch is a bit much for a small heron.

Did lots for the repost....

David Thomasson
03-12-2009, 09:16 AM
I like it -- especially the hang-dog slouch. A nice cartoonish feel to it.

With levels and curves adjustments, the bird can be defined a little more boldly. I think the size of the perch is less of a problem than its complexity. Maybe just simplify it a bit? Sorry about your sig; that got simplified too. :o

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4994/blue2b.jpg

Joe Senzatimore
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks a bunch to all. Very big help. Learned much from this one.

Daniel Cadieux
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
The improvements look good (I'm especially liking David's curves and levels tweak), but one thing I'm surprised no one got yet is the eye/face being soft comparitively to the wing where critical focus seems to be. Great pose and expression on the heron...looks to be quite miserable :-)

Ed Cordes
03-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I like the expression a lot! The repost is much better.

Nate Chappell
03-13-2009, 12:13 PM
The improved contrast makes a big difference with this one. Neat expression, although I wish the face were a bit sharper.

john crookes
03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I punched it up a bit more and did some selective sharpening around the eye as it did seem soft to me also