PDA

View Full Version : clone question

Tom Callahan
01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I need help with how to clone more effectively. sometimes it seems to work very well and other times it looks blobby as in this image:confused:. I also frequently get sharp lines in the area I am cloning that are not in the space I'm using to clone from. any suggestions. Thanks for having such a great web site to share your knowledge and expertise.:)

Alfred Forns
01-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Tom For cloning make sure you use a soft edge brush For even better results try the quick mask procedure Might seem complicated at first but will be second nature after a few tries

Robert O'Toole has a CD with detail instruction btw for this image might move the little guy down and left a bit I like the head turn !!!

Jim Poor
01-26-2008, 10:16 PM
On images that give me a hard time with the clone tool, I often go for the patch tool instead. If you use the patch tool and set the source as the area to be fixed, then you can drag the selection around and line things up so they look nice.

I've got to get my hands on the CD from Robert O'Toole that everyone has been on about lately.

Judd Patterson
01-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah, make sure that you are using a soft brush. When you see sharp lines in what you are cloning, it normally means that you have hit the edge of the photograph relative to the clone source area that you established before you began cloning. It pays to frequently change your clone source so that you don't run into an edge. My own goal that I've been working hard on is to photograph smarter in terms of angles and attention to composition, so that I use cloning very infrequently. Good luck!

Tom Callahan
01-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Thank you all for the good advise. I have O'Toole's cd, now I need to make the time to take of advantage of what it has to say