PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty Within

Richard Lovison
03-11-2009, 04:54 PM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/tulip2-c.jpg
© Copyright Reserved, Richard Lovison, 2009

Image taken of the inside of a Tulip using natural light.

E-3, Vivitar Series 1 90-180mm Flat Field Macro Zoom, 1/5th sec, f11, ISO 100.

Gus Cobos
03-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Richard,
I like the composition, image and capture...The framing is just right and the color rendition is very good...you can post at a higher resolution...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

massimomossi
03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
This is really lovely. Ordinarily I might prefer off-center compositions, but the color striations emanating from the central burst really make this image. Terrific vibrance!

Well done,
Massimo

Ed Vatza
03-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi Richard and welcome to BPN.

I would normally think that the center of the image should be taken off-center in the frame BUT with the nearly symmetrical starburst-like pattern, I think it works well centered as is. I also love the color here. Very nice image. Good dof at f/11. Overall nice job. I'm looking forward to see more.

Looks like Massimo and I graduated from the same school!

Anita Bower
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Because of the small image, I can't see the center elements as well as I'd like, so can't tell how sharp they are. Maybe someone with better eyes can do so. I like symmetrical images like this on, though others tend not to agree with me. Lovely colors.

Julie Kenward
03-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Richard, this is a rule breaker for sure and I'm so glad you did it. Sometimes an image calls out to be centered and this is one of those times. Lovely exposure and beautifully composed.

One very tiny suggestion...down in the bottom left corner of the frame is a blurry piece of the petal - I'd clone over it so the rhythm of the starburst pattern isn't broken.

Nice work. It's really lovely.

Richard Lovison
03-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Richard, this is a rule breaker for sure and I'm so glad you did it. Sometimes an image calls out to be centered and this is one of those times. Lovely exposure and beautifully composed.

Initially I tried to compose the shot with the stamen in one of the rule-of-thirds power positions though it didn't work for me. So I thought the heck with the rules. :) I'm glad you liked it.

One very tiny suggestion...down in the bottom left corner of the frame is a blurry piece of the petal - I'd clone over it so the rhythm of the starburst pattern isn't broken.

Ah, thanks for that Jules.

http://richardlovison.com/photos/tulip2-d.jpg

denise ippolito
03-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Richard, I thought I commented on this-must not of hit the button afterwards- Anyway I really like the details and your composition is great. The colors are fantastic!

Aristotle Georgiou
03-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Fantastic image Richard!

Your composition is excellent, great lighting, wonderful focus point and lovely looking flower.