PDA

View Full Version : Spoonie with a nice shadow effect

Nancy A Elwood
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
This is another image from my boat trip Saturday morning. Usually shadows are not great, but this one I think came out in favor of shadows.:) Taken with the D300, Nikon 70-300VR, f8, iso 800. C&C definitely welcomed:).

http://www.naturesportal.net/photos/488789753_PSHuN-L.jpg

Randy Stout
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Nancy:

Fun! I wonder if you could selectively use shadow recovery under the left wing and the torso to bring that up, while leaving the shadow on the other wing intact. Because the head is well illuminated, it might even the overall image out, and make a fun image even better.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Nancy A Elwood
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Nancy:

Fun! I wonder if you could selectively use shadow recovery under the left wing and the torso to bring that up, while leaving the shadow on the other wing intact. Because the head is well illuminated, it might even the overall image out, and make a fun image even better.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Thanks Randy! I brought it up a bit, but did not want to have it look unnatural, seeing that I wanted the shadow on the right wing, but will give it a second look.

Randy Stout
03-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Nancy:

I agree, it runs the risk of looking too obvious that it was changed in post, if you bring it up too much. Perhaps try a more over the top version, and let us see what it looks like.

Randy