PDA

View Full Version : White Out

Jeffrey Sipress
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
After a blissful two day snowstorm in Yosemite National Park last December, I was lucky to be snowshoeing through pristine meadows and forest. Canon 1DsIII.

Robert Amoruso
03-11-2009, 05:01 AM
Simple. clean and effective. Well done Jeffrey.

I particularly like the arrangement of trees you chose. The sway/bend of the trees is primarily to the left but then a few are to the right - creating a nice balance to the image.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I like the composition and mood in this one. There seems to be a slight color cast.

Dave Mills
03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I agree with Robert's comments and like the feel and symetry of the image. There does seem to be a slight bluish caste but I think it works with the image....

Jeffrey Sipress
03-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks. There's definitely a blue tint going on here. The AWB gave me so much blue that I had to desaturate the blues by about 50%. I like the feel of it with just a tint of blue.

Roman Kurywczak
03-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Jeffrey,
Congrats again on the landscape IOTY! I like the color of the image....as it conveys the sense of cold.......and as mentioned above.....the simplicity of the patterns.....captures the feel of the snow covered forest well. I am debating the lack of a stronger center of interest and this one lacks the "wow" factor of some of your other posts......but this is still a nice reflection of a winter scene even without those elements.