PDA

View Full Version : "A Splash of Lemon"

Gus Cobos
03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
“A Splash of Lemon”

Techs:
This composition is a double exposure, consisting of six images, captured in RAW and then converted to JEPG. format; shot at four frames per second using a polarizing filter at 50 percent capacity. The image was slightly over exposed on purpose to achieve a high-key, and high contrast solution, with a fresh, clean, translucent quality of the liquid suspension and the glass.

The image was painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D macro lens, and a Nikkor 12mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / 1/1250sec. - f/18 / ISO @ 320
white balance @ manual, custom profile using an expo disk for color calibration / AF - mode @ auto - high speed continuous / metering mode - a combination of in camera matrix metering and external hand held spot meter on three anchor points for balanced lighting. / lighting solution - one speedlight placed at a 90 degree angle from the rear on manual mode set to ¼ lumen burst with attached diffuser; and an additional diffuser panel in front. Also used a combination of a 36" soft box placed from the top at 180 degree angle; two 300 watt strobes powered down to 1/3 lumen burst with diffuser panels placed in front at 45 degree angles, in conjunction with two 22" silver disk reflectors angled from both sides. / exposure comp @ -1.3EV / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees /
support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail and cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Susan Griffith
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Gus,

Now this is a fun image and something that I need to try myself. The way you were able to capture the fluidity is great. The high key and high contrast really make this work.

-Susan

denise ippolito
03-10-2009, 02:35 PM
This looks so refreshing! I like the white BG on this!

massimomossi
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
An arresting image! I was fascinated by the technical description, in addition to the photo itself.

Nice work!
Massimo