PDA

View Full Version : Malpais de Rasca

José Rodríguez
03-10-2009, 05:54 AM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/8729911-lg.jpg

Tenerife
HDR from a RAW. Nikon D40, sigma 10-20@10mm. Thanks for your comments!

Arthur Morris
03-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Though it is an obvious HDR I love the colors and the COMP. You did well with a spectacular scene. I am no HDR expert; is there a way to tone down the HDR look a bit? The image design really moves your eye around the frame.

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2009, 07:02 AM
One of your best postings to date Jose. HDR used well here to provide lots of mid-tone detail and the cloud texture certainly benefited from it too.

Good use of FG rocks to add interest to BG mountain and clouds. The two plants a nice plus and well placed in the middle ground of the image. I like how you placed the mountain to the left as that enhances the dynamics of the image. All the colors in the landscape along with the other elements guides the eye around well.

José Rodríguez
03-10-2009, 07:44 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3342/3327515699_b2440e3975_o.jpg

Arthur Morris
03-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Jose, What happened to the ORIG post? It is hard to compare with only one <smile>

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Jose,

Though the image may have an HDR "look" I don't think you should feel you have to tone it down. I think your original (which is now not showing from FLickr) has just fine.

HDR use will on occasion produce strong opinions both pro and con. To date I like your HDR style and if you are happy with it, so be it. Take a look at the following article: http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/columns/on-landscape/on-landscape-hdr.html for an alternate viewpoint.

I will come back to this when you get the missing first image posted again.

Dave Mills
03-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Jose, Fascinating image! I agree with Roberts comments and add that the image has huge impact which makes for a dynamic presentation, Well done!

José Rodríguez
03-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry about my first flickr based post. Hope it works now. Thanks for the comments!
Robert, thanks for the link. I think I have oversaturetedthe first, but I'm unsure....

Arthur Morris
03-10-2009, 12:30 PM
They are both wonderful. Given a choice, I prefer the more exciting Hue-Sat in the first one.

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I agree with Artie, I like both. The first is super saturated compared to the second, so you must decide Jose, which one do you prefer as there is no right or wrong here, just a matter of taste. Very well done.

Harold Davis
03-10-2009, 04:23 PM
i like the first one. it looks like a painting instead of a photograph. that is a positive thing here. nice job!!

Paul Marcellini
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I like the comp and the great tones and textures there appear to be. It has grown on me but I'm still not a big fan of this type of hdr. I think it has a place as an interpretation of a scene, its just not for me. I don't care for sports photography either. =) Having said that, I do like the repost better and think I would really like a more traditionally processed image of this scene.

Roman Kurywczak
03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi Jose,
I must admit.....I'm not a huge HDR fan either...it is growing on me.....but this one is clearly an exception for me! I like them both very much......and while the saturation on the first may be over the top......I find that I like it better than the second! Very nice use of the textures throughout the image and the rocks in the FG are nicely placed. The clouds make this one outstanding......and they really shine in the first post. Very nicely done!