PDA

View Full Version : Wild and free Miami Parrots

susanschermer
01-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Canon 1D Mark II, 500 f4 with 1.4. F 10 1/50 ISO320
These wild and crazy birds flock to the feeder in my back yard. They are pretty but pesky.
I've converted to a feeder they can't access.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Very lovely composition Susan with beautiful lighting and excellent color and detail. I find this crop very pleasing and would not change a thing.

Lance Warley
01-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Beautiful colors and details, Susan.

Good to see you at Wako yesterday.

Arthur Morris
01-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Susan, The front bird is very sharp and the exposure is perfect. you could have set a higher ISO to get some more DOF as the near-wing of the front bird is not as sharp as the near-wing of the back bird (which is on the same plane as the eye of the front bird...(

In addition, you cut off both the toes of the rear bird and the bottom of the perch.

"Cut, don't clip (the toes...)"

"If an object (the perch) is worth including in the frame, include it all with a border."

The above are some quotes from some famous bird photographer...

later and love, artie

ps: Will they come to perches that you put up?

susanschermer
01-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I previously cropped out the claws because of an unsightly branch. After working with APTAT-1 I easily cloned it out and put the claws back in. Thanks for all the helpful learning, Artie. Agree about higher ISO.

Arthur Morris
01-26-2008, 05:06 PM
YAW. Much better. You missed a few dust spots and there are some problematic areas; can anyone spot them??? (You need to practice your Quick Masking!) Later and love, artie

Linda Robbins
01-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I like the interaction between these two. The repost added the toes, but it looks less saturated than your original post. I would crop a bit from the top, get rid of the oof leaf in the upper RH corner, and reduce the light areas above the head of the left bird, and near the lower right hand corner. This image is worth spending a bit of PS time on.

susanschermer
01-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I posted the raw file with no more than adjustments in CR. I agree about the quick fix. I did it in a hurry.