PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Turnstone

Ed Vatza
03-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Image made Saturday out on the jetty at Barnegat Light and Inlet.

Canon 50D; Canon 300mm f/2.8 w/ 2x TC; tripod-mounted

1/1600 sec @ f/7.1; ISO 400; 0 EV

Chris Baker
03-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Nice one ED, tack sharp, good colours, maybe a little more canvas on the left, very nice.
You might want to check your bird guide for a misprint though, it's a Ruddy Turnstone:):)!!
Regards
CB

Ed Vatza
03-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Oh my God!! You are correct. Without a doubt. There were so many Purple Sandpipers around that I didn't even think twice about the id. :o:o:o

Axel Hildebrandt
03-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Great find, details, setting and BG. The low angle is great, the separation between rock and body makes it really good. I might go for a slightly wider crop and tone down the white plumage on the side a bit.

denise ippolito
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Ed, I was out there Saturday and saw these guys, don't know if I bumped into you! There were lots of people there due to the nice weather, anyway nice low capture and details look good! BG colors are fantastic!

Dave Mills
03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey Ed...Good job on this one! I agree with all positive critiques....

Ed Vatza
03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Axel, Denise, Dave,

I thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciated. Every once in a while, I have to take a break in the action and offer up a big thank you to all of you. I feel like my photography has improved so much over the past 15 months. Every little (and sometimes big) nit that you folks find just makes me work harder next time.

Denise, we tried something different on Saturday and didn't show up at Barnegat until around 1:30 in the afternoon. The thin clouds blocked the direct sunlight nicely and I found that I liked it better without that strong sidelight in the early morning. I did run into one female photographer as we were leaving the jetty and did stop to chat for a few minutes. Was that you?

Ed

denise ippolito
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Ed, No wasn't me-I spoke briefly to a couple but was out of there by noon!