PDA

View Full Version : Hey wass up!!

George DeCamp
01-01-2008, 05:39 PM
http://decamp.net/bpn/fl0343.jpg

Red Bellied Woodpecker, Anhinga Trail Florida

"Just sticking my head out to welcome the new folks here. Remember to stop in to the Eager to Learn Forum and post a few if you are shy. Before long you will be sticking your head in here too only with your images."

This image was created at the Anhinga Trail, Florida, last year while our trip to the sunshine state. Going back in February to revisit and bring home a few more images. This guy would fly into the nest and peek out to see who was around and fly out for more food. We waited nearby with cameras ready.

Nikon D2x, 500mm AF-S, x1.4, ISO 200, f5.6, 1/60, SB800 fill flash, Gitzo 1325, Wimberley Head

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey what's up George!! :)

I like the composition, details and colors on this one. The only thing that bothers me is the top right corner.

Alfred Forns
01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
I know that bird George !!!! Will get him ready for your visit !!!!

Particularly like the angle !!!! Excellent !!!

Gracious
01-01-2008, 07:34 PM
The detail is good in the feathers and you've handled the exposure well. I'd like to see a tad more of catch light in it's eye. The urc darkness draws attention from your subject. All in all a lovely image.

Andrew McCullough
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Love that red. Nice detail in the fluffy feathers.

Judd Patterson
01-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey, I sure remember this guy! The angle and fill flash are really great. Did you also try an image a bit more off-centered, perhaps moving the woodpecker up the in the frame to hide the darker portion of the tree? You'll be saddened to hear that this tree is no longer at Anhinga Trail. Evidently it met its end sometime in the last 6 months and fell back into the vegetation (either that or it fell on the trail and was removed by the park). We'll have to look elsewhere for the cooperative Red-bellied pair this year.