PDA

View Full Version : Sora In The Open

Ed Cordes
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I have finally gotten some time to edit some images from the Everglades Workshop Gail and I took with Fabs and Alfred. The workshop was great and we both learned a lot.

This is an image of a Sora. It is quite unusual to see them completely in the open, so I thought I would post it here.

1DMK2 with 500 f4 with 2 X TC on Tripod. Full frame with ISO 400 f8 and 1/80 - gently squeezing the shutter!

All comments are most welcome.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Great find and well-captured. I still have to find this species.

I'm not surprised you liked the workshop with Fabs and Al.

Ed Cordes
03-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks Axel --And Thanks to Fabs for pointing it out and explaining how rare it was to experience this bird in the open.

Beth Goffe
03-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Congrats on getting an image with the full bird in the frame! I saw one of these at Wakodahatchee 2 weeks ago and got a bad image of its head. Did see the full bird but he was skittering from one clump of greenery to the next. I love the blue/grey streaks on its back.

denise ippolito
03-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Ed, It was nice to meet you and your lovely wife Gail at Anhinga Trail and looks like you had some good luck! Nice image and thanks for sharing-Regards

John Chardine
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
You're right Ed, they don't come out too often. Rails are adapted to moving through reed beds, and have a laterally (side-to-side) compressed body for just this; hence the term "thin and a rail", which has nothing to do with railroad tracks.