PDA

View Full Version : Simply 21 mp =)

Paul Marcellini
03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
My new toy got in Sat and I couldn't wait to get out of work and go shoot. Of course the clouds dissipated for sunset, but then a haze seemed to catch the last light. This is a default location but I ended up liking this one and the smooth gradient of the water. Can't wait to try this bad boy out on some detail rich scenes. I did shoot some stuff just to see, and man the resolution gain is nice.

5d2, tamron 28-75@75 f20 13s iso100

Axel Hildebrandt
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Great mood, composition, light and colors. It looks as if your new toy is doing its job well.

Harold Davis
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
those trees look suspiciously familar. beautiful colors on a simple scene. congrats on the new toy!! gotta be like a proud papa!!!

denise ippolito
03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Paul, Congrats on the new toy! This image is superb! Colors and composition-well done!

Robert Amoruso
03-08-2009, 07:01 PM
You right Paul, the camera produces wonderfully rich images. I am enjoying it a lot.

Putting the trees in the center works well. I like including the long gradient of color in the image. I am a fan of doing this but too often see ourselves telling people to cut this, clone that. When it works like this, it is the right choice.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Nice shot Paul with your new camera, did you get new flip-flops for the occasion.

Arthur Morris
03-10-2009, 09:25 AM
The image quality looks great and the techs are right on but this image is simply too simple for me. A tigher HORZ with the trees off to one side would have beem my preference.

Paul Marcellini
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Artie, something like this? I have so many comps on these trees. I even have what you are asking from this night but I think this shot had a nicer sky.

Arthur Morris
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey Paul, I like the 2nd one way, way better for lots of reasons; there is more for the eye there.

Paul Marcellini
03-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I totally agree, if the original sees the light of day at the art shows, it will be a big canvas. That's where those simple shots at websize come to life. Also, as a series of simple stuff that complement each other, they all look better.

Maxis Gamez
03-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Paul,

This is simply art at it's best!! Composition works wonderfully. Congratulation with your new toy and as always keep up the good work!!

Roman Kurywczak
03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey Paul,
Late to the party.....I'm torn.....becuase I feel I would have preferred the trees offset.....over a bit to the right or left..........but I love the gradient and colors of the first more. The second one has the nice offset look....but the simplicity of the colors aren't there....not bad....just different. If i had to choose.....I'd prefer the first....even centered! Have fun with the new toy.....and let me know how the noise works out at the high iso's

Robert Amoruso
03-11-2009, 05:03 AM
I totally agree, if the original sees the light of day at the art shows, it will be a big canvas. That's where those simple shots at websize come to life. Also, as a series of simple stuff that complement each other, they all look better.

And that is exactly the basis for my original critique - see this, drinking it in in large format. I prefer the original post.

Grady Weed
03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Both posts will be nice at any venue Paul. But the 2nd post is killer to me. I am home sick now. Can't figure out how to jet back and forth on the weekends for free.....

Carlos Molina
03-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi Paul,

I actually like the simplicity of the first shot.