PDA

View Full Version : Fishermen sunrise

Mike Tracy
03-08-2009, 04:12 PM
My first landscape post and the first time trying out Photomatix so I don't have a clue what I am doing. Thanks to Robert Amoruso for nudging me in the right direction.

MKIII, EF70-200 @200mm, f/11, ISO 200, 7 exposures, hand held but wish I had tripod mounted it. Had to clone out the Photomatix watermark since it's a trial copy.

Paul Marcellini
03-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Man i like the color play here. Great mood and comp. The sky looks a bit weird, with the warm and cool tones transitioning so quickly. Otherwise, great work here, hdr looks good.

Robert Amoruso
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Mike,

I used my Super Moderator powers :) and corrected my last name in your post. :) Remember I told you about those today.

On the HDR I see some halos along the tops of the trees. You can use Light Smoothing and Strength to control halos in Photomatix. Highlight smoothing can also control it.

I like the composition and balancing the image with the two boats. I would try cropping the bottom in two places to see how you like it, just above and then again just below the coots.

Mike Tracy
03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Paul and Robert thanks for your observations and suggestions.

Robert, I know how to spell your name. Three days of baking in the sun has cooked my brain. Sorry.

Those super powers scare me. I will be cognizant to mind my P's & Q's.

Roman Kurywczak
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey Mike,
Welcome to the forum! I too like the color play but do agree with Paul on the smoothing out. I didn't think I would like Robert's suggested crop above the coot's.....but the old browser crop convinced me otherwise. Makes a prettty wicked pano! Play around a bit with the suggested settings....and you've got a nice one here!