PDA

View Full Version : Heaven is blue!

Santanu Banik
03-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Got this pic during my Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary trip in January 2009. The Sun is cutting the tree in two halves and that may be quite distracting to your eyes - not sure though.

Used Canon 40D with 17-40mm F/4 lens at 17mm, F 5.6 , ISO 200, +1 stop compensation - have selected a slightly lower temperature to produce this blue hue. Comments and suggestions for improvement are most welcome!

http://www.indianaturewatch.net/images/album/photo/13193802944986897c7de4a.JPG

Roman Kurywczak
03-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Santanu,
Welcome to the forum! I see the blance you tried to achieve with the trees....and while I prefer the right side ones the shpe of the left ones just isn't strong enough compositionally....to carry that side. I like the placement of the sun behind the tree....but stopping down to f16 or 22 would have given you the starburst and that may have added more appel to the scene as the ball of white....isn't working for me. did you compose any with just the layers and fog? The strenght was there and working the atmospheric layers was the way to go. I know we usually tell people to add some FG interest....but sometimes it's just as important to eliminate it when it doesn't add to the overall scene. Difficult choices in the field....but that's why I recommend working the scene....compose as many different comps as you can in the window of opportunity. Looking forward to seeing more!

Paul Marcellini
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm with Roamsn, I find the fog and layers the most interesting. The left trees just aren't shapely enough. I do like the rich blues.

Robert Amoruso
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Welcome Santanu,

I am going with Roman's impressions on your image - I agree with his comments. I do like the blue look to the image and feel that was a very good choice. Hope to see more of your images here.