PDA

View Full Version : Step Softly

Julie Kenward
03-07-2009, 09:25 PM
For those of you who have been around an entire year, this is the same pink gerbera plant I bought (and photographed) last spring. I managed to keep it going an entire year and tonight I photographed it's new flower for the first time this spring season.

Canon 40D, 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
f2.8 @ 1/50th, ISO 400
Flash fired, pattern metering, AWB
Processed in ACR where I really pushed the exposure up quite a bit. Finished it in CS4 where I did a slight crop, noise reduction, and a screen mode layer to lighten it even further.

massimomossi
03-08-2009, 07:50 AM
This is very lovely. The little petal edges and OOF petal sticking up just behind them really create a nice rhythm. The overall color is almost intoxicating.

My only suggestion would be to crop a good bit of the white--maybe as much as a half-inch--to the base of the flower's cup (the darker shadow below the petals?). I think that would tighten things up.

Congrats on a gorgeous picture!

Massimo

denise ippolito
03-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Jules, The colors are fantastic and the soft focus works for me. I agree w/ small crop on bottom.

Mike Moats
03-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey Jules, great color, DOF, and softness. Well done.

Julie Kenward
03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
massimo, I left the bottom in because the base of the flower is there...see the light green beneath the pink? It would make for a nice pano crop as well, though!

Gus Cobos
03-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi Julie,
I like this as is. It's well composed and I like the soft pale transition from the whites to the pinks...good show...:cool:

Aristotle Georgiou
03-14-2009, 06:40 AM
This is looking beautiful Julie.

Great composition, nice lighting and wonderful DOF.