PDA

View Full Version : Northern Hawk Owl (birdscape)

Andreas Kanon
01-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I followed this Northern Hawk Owl for over 200 hours south of Stockholm.
After work I headed out to it and followed it until I couldn't see it every day for 3 weeks.
This is the shot I was after and I only got 3 seconds where everything came together, the bg is the full moon.

Nikon D70
Sigma 120-300 f2.8
Sigma 2x TC

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Hello and welcome.

This is very unique. I really like the composition a lot. The only thing I would do is to clone out the little branch behind the owl, to make it stand out more against the moon or sun.

falke
01-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Andreas! I thought I might find you in here.... ;o)
Great artistic photo of this Hökuggla.. I guess it is from last year when so many of them stayed the winter in southern Sweden!
Ha det bra/Bengt Falke

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi Andreas!!!!

I'm so happy our on-line paths cross again :D

You know I'm a fan of this image and the Scandinavian style.

Red carpet welcome and looking forward to more:)

Arthur Morris
01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Wonderfully conceived and executed. I love that you got some separation between the back of the head and the branch that frames it.. Congrats.

and later and love, artie

Judd Patterson
01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry that it has taken me this long to come to your image. I've seen it before and it is most impressive. I tried to do something similar when I had some Barred Owls around me one moonlit night and I did not succeed. The side-glance of the owl really seals the image for me because it shows the owls rictal bristles around the beak. Awesome!

Manos Papadomanolakis
01-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Great image!
From the best that i have ever seen!