PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal

Ilija Dukovski
03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I tried my new Nikkor 300mm AF-S today and opened the season
at Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge MA.:)
Comments appreciated as always.

I'm thinking of cloning out some of the rhododendrons.
Is there a tutorial on Quick Mask cloning that you
are aware of? I'm intrigued by the recent post by Arthur
with Quick Mask work but could not find any tutorial on
the technique.:confused:

Cheers, Ilija

Nikon D80
2009/03/07 07:07:19.2
Compressed RAW (12-bit)
Image Size: Large (3872 x 2592)
Color
Lens: 300mm F/4 D
Focal Length: 300mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/250 sec - F/4
Exposure Comp.: -0.7 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 400
Optimize Image: Vivid
White Balance: Color Temp. (5600 K)
AF Mode: AF-C
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached

Gus Cobos
03-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Ilija,
I like the composition, image and capture...the bird is placed just right in frame, the color rendition is very good, you have a good head angle and clear sharp eye...the background and habitat is very pleasing...good show...:cool:

Lance Peters
03-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi - on arties site (www.birdsasart.com (http://www.birdsasart.com)) you will find a link to Robert O'Tooles APTATS CD its a reasonable $20 it has all the QM info on it - I bought it ages ago and it is very easy to follow and uderstand - $20 well spent IMHO.

Nice pose and HA - Habitat adds to the shot, nice light as well. Looking forward to more:)

Ilija Dukovski
03-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi - on arties site (www.birdsasart.com (http://www.birdsasart.com)) you will find a link to Robert O'Tooles APTATS CD its a reasonable $20 it has all the QM info on it - I bought it ages ago and it is very easy to follow and uderstand - $20 well spent IMHO.

Nice pose and HA - Habitat adds to the shot, nice light as well. Looking forward to more:)

Great, thanks for the info... I'll get it.

Cheers, Ilija

Harold Davis
03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
i like it as presented too. the rhodos act are nice accents. i would run another round of sharpening on the bird. it looks a little soft.

Gail Spitler
03-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Like the image as is. Somehow it all works together very nicely.
Nice spot for birding and photographing.
Cheers
Gail

Jackie Schuknecht
03-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi Ilija,
The lighting looks nice and soft, and the colours on the card look great. I know it's habitat but I think I would evict some of the vegetation, my .02 anyways. Maybe the one beside the bird???

Christopher Miller
03-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Very nice! Good pose and the light is beautiful. The only vegetation that bothers me are the leaves on the right hand side.

Alfred Forns
03-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Ilija I like it as presented Maybe pruning out the couple on the right as mentioned but it is a very nice image.

I find these type difficult to do since so much can get in the way, plain bird with all clean is a lot easier to shoot ... so don't be pruning too much there !!! Love the overall feel !!!