PDA

View Full Version : Tulip abstract 2

massimomossi
03-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Another shot in the tulip series.

Olympus SP-570UZ, 9.77mm, super macro setting, ISO 64, f4.0, 1/50sec. Natural light, sunny morning.

In focusing on the two white petals I was drawn to the veins lining up in different directions; I know the whitest part of the right-hand petal is blown, but somehow the transition into it, with the OOF background against it, and the sharp edge that defines that spot, works for me. Acceptable artistic license in an abstract picture?

I am thinking of printing this series in larger format for maximum impact.

Hope you like it--comments welcome as always.

Thanks for looking,
Massimo

Gus Cobos
03-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Massimo, I like the composition and image...I like the soft silky feel and the delicate textures...the color rendition is within range...my suggestion would be to crop from the bottom and from the left side of the frame to eliminate the green area and the open space in the petal...good show...:cool:

massimomossi
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Gus,

Thanks for the comments--I've done a bit of cropping, both on left and right. See if you like this better. I think it makes a stronger impact.

Massimo

Mike Moats
03-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Hey Massimo, the second crop works better. Nice image.

Julie Kenward
03-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I like the repost as well. I also think a round of noise reduction on the darker areas would be needed if you are going to print this as a large photo.