PDA

View Full Version : Storm over Capitol Reef

beykirch
03-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Three years ago in winter, I encountered an approaching Snow Storm in Capitol Reef National Park. The next morning, I had the first snow in the season in Bryce Canyon.

http://www.seehase-beykirch.homepage.t-online.de/CapitolReef.jpg

Canon EOS20D, 17-40L at 25, f11, 1/20sec, ISO 100

All comments are welcome

Bernd

Robert Amoruso
03-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the memories here. I also loved Capitol Reef. When I was there in the 80's (now that is going back), the ranger told me it was one of the least visited parks. And I agree, a nice respite from our time in Grand Canyon and Bryce becoming here.

LIke the composition very much. You used the road well as a leading line. The imposing cloud dark cloud balances well with the still in sun rock face.

Exposure looks right on. Nice have you here at BPN and hoping to see more image.

Grady Weed
03-07-2009, 08:34 AM
First thing I noticed was the road. A nice use of it to draw the eye right to the wail and then the clouds. Well executed and seen. The brown tones are nicely exposed for here as is the sky. A more ominous look might give it more punch. Nice as is however.

Michael Pancier
03-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I love these road shots from the SW . . . the storm was a bonus...

Paul Marcellini
03-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I love front lit subjects with a storm behind. I might add a touch of punch to the clouds, but otherwise well done. Comp and exposure looks good.

Roman Kurywczak
03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi Bern,
As mentioned above....nicely done with the composition and exposure. I too would darken the clouds....bting out more details.....as I like the ominous look. Still...as presented....nicely done!