ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Metering Mode = Spot
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 400mm
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
Handheld using Bushhawk

joel quenneville
03-06-2009, 07:13 PM
I love the pose, perch and the way the light hits his eye. Your feather detail is good as is your head angle. The talons are visually pleasing. I don't mind your cutting the tail but I think that if you cropped using and 8x10 crop ratio (which would cut off a significant portion of the tail), your overall composition would be improved and the viewer would focus even more on that beautiful eye. There is a small dust spot by the left of the tail about half way down.

Art Kornienko
03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Quite nice Jody, perch is very nice, I like the dark bg and lighting, a bit more of the tail might have been nice and I see some type of dark area in the bg just to the right of the hawk's claws (almost looks rectangular) which distracts a bit but both those things are minor.

James Shadle
03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Jody,
Beautiful subject.
The image is exposed well. It's tack sharp with an interesting pose.
I like the background and personally did not see anything that would distract me.
IMO more room at the bottom, extending past the tail would make this an even stronger image.

Robert Amoruso
03-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Agree with James on this one Jody.

John Cooper
03-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Love the directional light here Jody and that yellow eye that gives the image impact. Detail, exposure and BG spot on..!!

David Hemmings
03-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Stunning light and details Jody, nits about the tail is neither here nor there to me. I dont see anything distracting in the bg. Beautiful portrait.

bobby
03-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Handsome little devil isn't he? Love the pose and find it perfect. Nothing about the tail is distracting to me.