PDA

View Full Version : PS4/Web Display Color Calibration

Bonnie Block
03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
I recently purchased a new monitor--HPw2558hc, and for the first time I am having trouble with colors displayed in PS being oversaturated when uploaded to the web (pBase).
I have not expierenced this problem before---after many years of uploading!
The new monitor has been calibrated twice--looks fine. I convert every image to sRGB. Saving for the web produces the same result. Oversaturation and much warmer .
Printed images look similar to the PS image.
I have noticed that when viewing on another monitor the images are still showing the oversaturation--and people comment as such.
I am not sure how to correct this--PS problem or monitor calibration?
Thanks for any advice--this one has me stumped.:confused:

Bonnie Block
03-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Well--:) I think I answered my own question here. I did not change my proof settings to reflect the monitorRGB.
I'll give the next image a shot with the new settings! I hope that was my problem.

Robert Amoruso
03-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Let us know the outcome Bonnie

Bonnie Block
03-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Let us know the outcome Bonnie
Robert, I solved my problem by proofing in monitor RGB when I do an image for the web.
I have never had to do that before---but maybe because my old monitor was so dull I never noticed the change.:o

Gabor Kovacs
03-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Dear Bonnie,
Could you pleeeease describe what did you do exactly ? I have the same problem, new monitor oversaturated color on the net. Where to set what? :)

Thank you,
Gabor

Bonnie Block
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Dear Bonnie,
Could you pleeeease describe what did you do exactly ? I have the same problem, new monitor oversaturated color on the net. Where to set what? :)

Thank you,
Gabor
Hi Gabor,
I solved my problem by selecting view/proof set up/monitor rgb when I first import the image to PS, then making sure proof colors is checked. I then convert the image to sRGB and process the image from there. I save as a .jpg and adjust the size to fit the guidelines of where I am planning to post. (usually 200kb or less).

Gabor Kovacs
03-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Bonnie,
Thanks for the info. I had to the the similar thing as well in Capture One 4 because I do my raw conversion there. But it seem that my monitor is has not really nice colors :( But that's life.
Thanks one again,
G