PDA

View Full Version : "Autumn Breeze"

Gus Cobos
03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
“Autumn Breeze”

Note: This image was composed using a Lensbaby to show case Mother Nature's beautiful lady in the garden.

This is Miss Autumn Breeze from Pops garden. This beautiful lady was painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Lensbaby Composer, with a +10 macro lens attachment.

Image solution:
focal length @ +/- 50mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode - combination of in camera matrix metering and a hand held spot meter, sampling three anchor points for even light distribution. / insert manual aperture disk of f/5.6 / shutter speed @ 1/1000sec. / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / color space @ sRGB / AF - mode @ manual / lighting solution - used two speedlights with attached diffusers and yellow gelatin filters; each @ 45 degree angles; speedlights were powered down to 1/3 lumen burst on manual mode, each one behind additional diffuser panels. A 36" soft box was used at a 90 degree angle to achieve the soft glow. / exposure comp @ -1.7EV / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +3 degrees / saturation factor @ +3 degrees / support platform - tripod assist; using a macro focusing rail / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
03-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Gus, The colors are sweet! Like the impressionist feel from the lensbaby! Well done.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Lovely image again Gus. Love the angle you've chosen to get that lovely BG too. Use of lens baby makes this look like a lovely canvas painting !
I am not sure if it is just my monitor, but I see some noise/artifacts towards the top of the frame in the green areas.

Anita Bower
03-07-2009, 06:45 AM
LOVE the colors, angle of the flower, soft dreamy look.

Mike Moats
03-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Lensbablies sure are fun and as we can see hear, very cool images, well done.

Julie Kenward
03-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm not quite sure why but this isn't one of my favorite images of yours Gus. It feels too blurry to me for some reason. I also see the artifacts at the top and can't quite figure out if where they are coming from because they do appear to only be in the top part of the frame.