PDA

View Full Version : Tawny Antpitta (Ecuador)

Glenn Bartley
03-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Most of the birds from the Grallaria genus are incredibly difficult to see. The Tawny Antpitta however doesnt seem to know that it is indeed an Antpitta. They are easy to hear up in the highlands and not too difficult to spot. Even still, I was stoked to get this photo :)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D
Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: On
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x

New photos and travel journal here - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/ecuador.html

Joe Senzatimore
03-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Nice comp and light. Just needs a little catch light in the eye.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Pretty bird and nice soft light, I also like the perch and might clone out the dark spot in the upper right.

Doug Brown
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Love the erect pose; kind of standing at attention. Great eye contact and sharpness. I would remove the dark green area in the URC.

Roman Kurywczak
03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Hey Glenn,
I think the perch , pose, and BG are very complimentary and work well together. If you are OK with such things.....yeah.... you can get rid of the darker green patch mentioned above.....but it's still a very nice image with it!

ChasMcRae
03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I like it and I have tried to photo Antipittas ,but never with much success.
Nice color,position and the fact it is "teed up" on the green mound.
Chas.

Gyorgy Szimuly
03-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't criticize the image at all. One has already visited a tropical rainforest knows how extremely difficult to see a single Antpitta not even photographing them. A catchlight is almost not possible otherwise it would be a real fake. Very well done Glenn.

Stay safe!

Szimi