PDA

View Full Version : Roosting Anhinga

Joe Senzatimore
03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
From my latest Florida trip. Been to the Rookery a number of times , but never got good Anhinga shots. This time I guess they are getting ready to nest , and did alot of roosting and posing. Always something new in Florida.

250 ISO f5.6 at 1/250th

Randy Stout
03-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Joe:

I agree, it is hard to get clean Anhinga shots at the Rookery. This is nice. Sharp, nice color. The head is angled just the tiniest bit away. If you could tone down the bush behind the bird, that would help. I initially thought to clone out the stick pointing at the breast, but because it is in the shadow, not too noticeable.

It looks like the whites on a few of the feathers are pretty hot, but obviously tough with a black bird and darker background. I might try a bit of highlight recovery there if not already done.

Brightening the eye just a bit might help him pop.

Thanks

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I like the pose, exposure control and BG. I might sharpen the bird a bit more and would be tempted to clone out the OOF bush and the single branch near the chest.

Tony Whitehead
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Nice looking specimen. I agree with the above comments. Not sure that the red frame adds a lot.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Very pretty pose Joe and ditto the above comments. Thanks for sharing.