PDA

View Full Version : Interesting graffiti

Kerry Perkins
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Found this at a campground I was fortunate enough to occupy last weekend. Things that struck me were the fact that this was done with a finger by removing dirt, which makes it temporary art, and the fact that there is one butterfly image in with all the "ghost skulls". It seems to have been done by one person and I thought it was the perfect example of non-malicious urban temporary art, which seemed out of place but oddly acceptable at a remote campground.

I am contemplating doing a series on urban graffiti, as I work in downtown Los Angeles and there are some excellent examples of true art there. Regardless of one's feelings about this form of expression, it makes for some great photo studies.

Gus Cobos
03-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Hi Kerry,
This could be conducive to a psychological study of todays norms in urban art expressions in todays society...:D:cool:

Alfred Forns
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
That took a lot of time Kerry ... and does have an impact !!

One thing I never understood is when they paint buildings then city inspectors make the owner remove the graffiti to be painted again ... then they call those people "graffiti artist" ....... I would call them criminals.

Kerry Perkins
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I agree Al. However, there are areas where the building owners allow the "artists" to come in and cover the building with their work. These are the projects I am interested in and there are several places in L.A. that are like that. It's too bad they can't confine their activities to those places. Some of it is pretty spectacular.

denise ippolito
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Kerry, I have always found graffiti art very fascinating-there are alot of really creative art pieces out there. I am against the damage caused to personal property and wish they could express their art in a less destuctive way- I would be interested in photographing some of the art myself-but in the meantime look forward to yours!!