PDA

View Full Version : Northern Hawk Owl Close-up (baited)

Nicolas Frève
03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry for the wings, this crop is not voluntary...

http://www.pbase.com/nicolasfreve/image/109852547.jpg

<TABLE cellPadding=1 width=450 align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Date/Time</TD><TD class=lid>04-Mar-2009 14:38:14</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Make</TD><TD class=lid>Nikon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Model</TD><TD class=lid>NIKON D3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Flash Used</TD><TD class=lid>No</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focal Length</TD><TD class=lid>500 mm (handheld)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Time</TD><TD class=lid>1/2500 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Aperture</TD><TD class=lid>f/9</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>ISO Equivalent</TD><TD class=lid>640</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap></TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>White Balance</TD><TD class=lid>auto.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Metering Mode</TD><TD class=lid>matrix</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Program</TD><TD class=lid>aperture priority</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap></TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for looking!

Randy Stout
03-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Nicholas:

I actually find the crop fairly compelling, because of the 90 degree angle between the wings, the nice position of the body. Excellent exposure and DOF. The only thing I might try is to brighten the eyes a bit.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Ramon M. Casares
03-05-2009, 04:55 AM
It owrks for me, love the tight crop, the great pose and stunning detail, sharpness is grreat as well and light is terrific! Congratulations!

Daniel Cadieux
03-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Increasing the saturation on the eyes and bill would really liven things up (the sponge tool set at about 8% works great for small local touch ups like this). Great oncoming flight shot!!

David Hemmings
03-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I love this composition, the head on works great and the sharpness is good. Nice work!

Axel Hildebrandt
03-06-2009, 11:47 AM
The composition and incoming pose are very cool. I agree regarding raising the saturation.

Nicolas Frève
03-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Saturation now raised.
Thanks for your recommendations and comments!:)