PDA

View Full Version : By The Tail

Paul Marcellini
03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok, so Roman challenged you guys to get on over to landscapes, but I guess I'll come over here too. This was actually taken when Roman was down.

I know I cut his virtual feet but wanted a tighter shot to get some details in the fish. Does it work for anyone? Even ugly, woodstorks are one of my favorite birds.

50d, 100-400@260 f7.1 1/3200 iso400 av mode -.7

Thanks for the comments,
Paul

Daniel Cadieux
03-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm fine with the crop as is Paul, but I may prefer a bit more room in front and a lower angle if it was possible at this location. Good exposure, looks like you had some nice light to deal with :-)

Roman Kurywczak
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey Paul,
Nice to see you got a good one when we went out. bonus points for the fish/action......as you rarely see them like this....they flip them down so fast......Sweet light and pose and the HA is good for me...as it really shows off the bill and catch. You know I'm OK with the crop:D....but it wouldn't hurt the image if it was there either....your call....but I like it as presented.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Great light, moment and details. Another vote for more room and a lower angle would have made it even better.

James Shadle
03-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Paul,
A little looser composition with a lower angle would be my preference.

However, the light is beautiful on this young Stork. The sharpness and detail is top shelf.
Is the eye I see on the fish, the eye of a mosquito fish?

Great catch for both of you.

James