PDA

View Full Version : Tulip abstraction: Italian colors

massimomossi
03-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I did not set out to create an "Italian" picture, but when I edited it I realized that it's got a strong resemblance to the flag of my home country. I was more interested in the light and forms when I shot this. Natural light on a sunny day.

Olympus SP570-UZ, ISO 64, 1/80th sec; macro setting, 9.77mm and f3.5.

Hope you like it--comments and criticisms welcome as always.

Thank you for looking,
Massimo

Gus Cobos
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
This is simple and elegant Massimo,
I like this very much...the color rendition is superb and the texture draws your attention to the deep rich bold colors...I like the soft merge of the curved lines of the leaves and flower...this composition has balance and symmetry...congrats on a job well done Sir...:cool: <!-- / message -->

Mike Moats
03-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Hey Massimo, I like the comp, it's different, and I like the variable shades in the lighting.

Julie Kenward
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
It's lovely, Massimo. I'm at waiting with baited breath for my tulips to pop up! This is really beautiful and the lighting at the top of the frame is wonderful. It makes me want to peek my head up through the green and see the sun.

Anita Bower
03-07-2009, 06:50 AM
I like the lines and composition and color very much. I like how the green mimmics the shapes of the flowers and seems to frame it. Unlike other comments, I found the lighter areas at the top of the image a bit distracting.