PDA

View Full Version : Jewel Bugs

John Cooper
01-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Came across these colourful insects while visiting Kakadu NP, Northern Territory, Australia. I liked the 'shadow' of the insects under the leaf.

Canon EOS10, Canon 100mm macro, Natural light and fill flash, 1/125 sec F11, tripod.

David Steele
01-26-2008, 01:28 AM
A beauty John. You've made the most of some wonderful subjects and the shadows really enhance what is already a good picture. For absolute perfection I would have liked a little breathing space on the left and perhaps at the bottom too. . . .

Robert O'Toole
01-26-2008, 03:09 PM
John,

Good image in difficult lighting conditions. Love the subjects. Are there 2 sets of shadows, one from the sun and one set from the flash?

I have heard of Kakadu NP before, what are they famous for?

Agree with David, maybe a little more room on the bottom and on the left and less on the top edge would improve the image in my eyes.

Robert

Mike Moats
01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey John, very nice image, love the shadows, and agree it would be nice with a tad more on the left. Well done.

Jim Caldwell
01-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Nice capture! Perhaps a little more cropping, but I really like those colorful insects along with the shadows and silhouettes on the leaves.

Gus Cobos
03-18-2008, 08:12 PM
John, You got yourself a winner here I like it a lot. I must also agree, that it would look a tad better with more space on the left side and at the bottom.

Congrats...:D

Gus...:cool: