PDA

View Full Version : "Sensual"

Gus Cobos
03-04-2009, 04:30 PM
“Sensual”
<O:p</O:p

This exotic lady resides in my Pop's backyard in an old Mexican clay jug. She was temporarily moved to my studio for a photo shoot. Sensual was painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 macro lens; and a Nikkor 12mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode - combination of in camera matrix metering, combined with spot metering sampling three anchor points with a hand held meter for optimal light balance. / 1/160sec. - f/4 / exposure comp @ -2.3EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ manual, custom profile using expo disk for balanced color rendition /
AF - Mode @ manual / lighting solution - two speedlights angled @ 45 degrees with attached diffuser, bounced off a 36" gold disk reflector for warm light. speedlights were powered down to 1/4 lumen burst on manual mode, combined with a 36" soft box and a 36" diffuser panel in front for additional dispersal of light pattern forming a misty soft glow. / color space @ sRGB / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail / cable trigger release /

<O:p</O:p
Comments greatly appreciated…:cool:

massimomossi
03-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Very very very nice. Sensual indeed!

I particularly like the fading OOF petals and the brilliance of the yellow. Nice the way the BG becomes part of the sharp vertical curve dividing the petals above the yellow line.

Congrats!

Massimo

Steve Maxson
03-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Very nice, Gus. I like your use of light, color, shape, texture, DOF, and comp to create a very pleasing image!

Mike Moats
03-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Hey Gus, no suggestions here, like the comp, lighting, DOF. Well done.

denise ippolito
03-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Gus, Beautiful composition and colors look good! I like the softness on this!!

Julie Kenward
03-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Home run, Gus! I can't offer anything but praise.

Anita Bower
03-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Really beautiful lines in this image! Love the simplicity and composition.