PDA

View Full Version : Stilt in Mangrove

Fabs Forns
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Captured in the Glades, during our second workshop. BG treated with Focal Point.

Model: NIKON D300
Lens (mm): 420
ISO: 400
Aperture: 5.6
Shutter: 1/1600
Exp. Comp.: 0.0
Flash Comp.:
Program: Manual

Randy Stout
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Fabs:

Excellent exposure control, wing position and head angle.

Although the background branches somewhat echo the dangling legs, I just find them too distracting for my taste, esp. the three ranging from the wing root down to the bill tip.

Just my .02!

Randy

Alfred Forns
03-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Sweet capture I like the pose and direct eye contact !!! Exposure right on and all sharp !! Hope they will be around for a while !!! Big Congrats !!!

Keith Carver
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
This bird really pops, great eye contact, perfect EXP. I agree with Randy about the background branches, but nonetheless I'd hang this one on my wall any day. ;o)

Roger Williams
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
When I viewed this image, I was so taken with the bird, I completely ignored the background. The clarity, color, wing and head position are all spectacular for my taste. The posts above, made me take a closer look at the background and yes, it is a bit messy in a muted way. Sometimes I think we're so busy making art out of our subjects that we fail to appreciate their environment. I say, well done!

roger

Paul Marcellini
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Well since I am pursuing the fine art market, I know a bird on a stick shot doesn't mean squat to the public. Its boring, this isn't Fabs. I really like the echoing background and I think that's the kind of thing that draws in buyers, not the perfect head angle. But if your going for magazines or stock, different story. =) Nice job as usual.

Ramon M. Casares
03-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Very nice pose and light, exposure is great and detail look stunning, BG is nice although IMO a bit NR to it might help a bit Fabs :) Congratulations!

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Excellent timing and exposure and I really like the action you captured in this one Fab. Congratulations !!