PDA

View Full Version : Another Try

Jackie Schuknecht
03-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Didn't change the white point or black point on this one.
Minimal sharpening, a little on the eye. Cloned out a branch.
ISO 320
1/1000s
40D
f6.3
AV mode +2/3
Centre-weighted.
Slight crop
Tripod
600mm
Think this one is a little better than my first??

Comments appreciated.
Thanks

Lance Peters
03-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi Jackie - Like it better than the first - BG is better and composition is better as well. Sharp details thoughout and colour looks good on my screen - exposure looks spot on.

Do I hear police sirens?? Not a great Ha -- down and away but you do still have eye contact.

:)

Arthur Morris
03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
A wonderful image with a sweet subject and a lovely BKGR and sharp enough. But yes, jackie is under arrest for the poor head angle. You gotta watch the head and face and press the button when the bird is turned towards rather than away from you. If the bird is moving its head a lot, take lots of images and pray.

Improper head angle is THE biggest image killer on BPN.

David Thomasson
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
You have the right to remain silent, Jackie. If you choose to speak, your head angle will be taken down and used against you in a court of birdlaw! :cool: Just the facts, ma'am ...

I like this one a lot, better than the first. Nice highlights across the crown of the head. Maybe one more small cloning chore ... taking out the bright branch in the background? Not a big deal, but it might help a little.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6026/chickadee2.jpg

Gus Cobos
03-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi Lady Jackie,
I like this rendition the best...:) all of the techs. have been addressed. I like the soft solid background, the details are nice and sharp and the color rendition on your subject is dead on...congrats...:cool:

Harold Davis
03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
what more can i say!! jackie, i'll send bail money for you. i hope you got another one to pull you out of this mess!!!!:D

Alfred Forns
03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
You have the right to remain silent, Jackie. If you choose to speak, your head angle will be taken down and used against you in a court of birdlaw! :cool: Just the facts, ma'am ...

... too much David :) .... Jackie we will round up a pass for you not to worry !!!

btw head angle wise is not only the angle form camera but tilt !!! Otherwise sweet image !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I am glad I am not going to jail:) These darn birds seemed to be looking everywhere but at me!!! Have a lot of shots, a few that are squeakers (just barely the right HA). Hope to post more on the W/E. Am going into my work week funk right about now. Thought I might get bonus points for the unusual foot pose:D Thanks for all the comments. .......hmmm court of Birdlaw...too much David!

Oscar Zangroniz
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Great details and background. If Harold comes up short on the bail, let me know.
Regards,

denise ippolito
03-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Jackie, Great sharp details and exposure- I like the pose and the turned foot is great!

Jeni Williams
03-05-2009, 02:50 AM
No need to bail Jackie out, most of us are either there already or will be joining her shortly!!!
I really like the exposure and feather detail Jackie - pose is good too.