PDA

View Full Version : Cineraria

Anita Bower
03-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Hello, BPN Friends! It is good to be back after several weeks of being sick and then traveling, and not taking many photos.

In the good news category, three of my images were chosen for the Oxford Arts Alliance 2009 Invitational Photographic Show which opens this Friday here in Oxford, PA. My photographic goal for this winter was to have some of my work shown in public, and I am thrilled to have achieved this goal. For more information, go to http://www.oxfordart.org/

I was enchanted with the color and shapes of this little flower at Longwood Gardens Conservatory.
1/2 sec, f13, ISO 100, Aperture priority, WB: daylight, manual focus, tripod, 100mm macro lens, Konica Minolta 5D. In post processing, I cloned the BG a bit to even it out and blur it a bit (thanks, Jules, for techniques).

Mike Moats
03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey Anita, congrats on the good news, its always exciting when you reach a goal that you've set, and now to have your work on display is great!

I like the subject and nice soft color, and the BG has a interesting look to it.

denise ippolito
03-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Anita, That is an Outstanding achievement!!! Kudos to you!! I love your Cineraria, the colors and chosen DOF are great!!

Gus Cobos
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
A big congrats on your achievement Anita...:) Your Cineraria is beautiful...I like the selective focus and the depth of field...the color rendition is dead on...well done...:cool:

Julie Kenward
03-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Fantastic news, Anita!!! I'm so happy for you that your work was honored!

This is a lovely image - My mind is anticipating the petals almost opening - it's very nicely done.

Alfred Forns
03-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Big Congrats Anita !!! ... and I feel this is only the beginning !!!