PDA

View Full Version : ICC Profile of MAC OS help

Yan Chen
03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
My computer is MACBook 062 with mac os x tiger 10.4.11.
Since I use this computer, I found out the color profile is different with windows system and color display is so different (like Hue, Brighten, contrast,saturation eg.)with windows system .
I had used the color adjuesting software of the os but with no improve, it's borning me so much ...
Could somebody help me by giving me a correct ICC profile of macx, or teach me how to correct my color display ?
Many thanks!

Alfred Forns
03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Would suggest calibrating your display with any of the available units. X-Rite makes a good on and can also try the Monitor Spyder. The are easy to use and accurate.

Yan Chen
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Would suggest calibrating your display with any of the available units. X-Rite makes a good on and can also try the Monitor Spyder. The are easy to use and accurate.

Thks Alfred!The 'X-Rite' is software or hardware? Can it calibrate in MAC os?

Alfred Forns
03-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Both include software and hardware. Simple to use It has a device that hangs over the screen and you run the program. Will come up with a profile !!!

I'm sure if you run a google search for reviews will give you a better idea. btw I have used both and currently have the X-Rite unit.... btw yes its for the Mac which is what I use.

Questions just fire away !!

Robert Amoruso
03-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Yan,

Alfred's suggestion is right on.

Yan Chen
03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you very much. I see a last..