PDA

View Full Version : fort desoto

stuart wanuck
03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
can anyone tell me where to stay close to ft.desoto that is clean and decent for a weekend thanks stuart

Alfred Forns
03-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Stuart the safest (closest) would be staying on St Pete Beach.

I normally stay at a Ramada Inn, its on the N side, can tell apart form others since it has an Indian Restaurant. The entire complex has a high gate and entry with a card .... wonder about that !!!.... thats why I suggest the beach !!!

Rocky Sharwell
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I usually stay at :

Comfort Inn North (FL168)
2260 54th Ave. N. I-275 exit 26 , St. Petersburg, FL, US, 33714 | Phone: (727) 362-0075 Fax: (727) 362-0071

It is in a much better area than the Ramada referred to by Alfred Forns--It is right off the highway--relatively new and 100% non-smoking.

I get a bit of a discount when I book on the www.choicehotels.com website due to membership in the Natiional Association of Photoshop Professionals.

If you have family or a non-photographing friend with the you the beach is a really nice choice...but it can be more expensive and a bit more crowded. There are a few motels fairly close to the I-275 exit for Fort Desoto--avoid them.

When are you planning your visit?

Rocky

Alfred Forns
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the info on the new place Rocky I was getting a little paranoid with the last one ... you had to wonder about the security but never had a problem !!!

Rocky Sharwell
03-05-2009, 09:11 AM
David and Keith Kennedy were the ones who told me about the Comfort Inn. I used to stay at the LaQuinta next door to the Ramada and never had a problem--but a fair amount of bad things do happen along that road after dark. I went to high school and college in the Bronx--so I have learned to be very aware of my surroundings.

I did represent one guy on an appeal years ago where 911 was called from the LaQuinta --but it was not a stranger on stranger sort of crime...