PDA

View Full Version : Pine Pano

Paul Marcellini
03-03-2009, 07:28 PM
This was taken when out shooting sunrise with Roman in Dec. I didn't think too much of it, preferring the other shots on the lake, but after this past weekend show, I think it may do very well in the art market. People want panos, and canvas prints were really intriguing to everyone. So, it seems this shot may fits the bill.

50d, Tamron 28-75@75mm iso100 f7.1 1/160s 2 horizontals merged

Please excuse the sky banding, it popped up in save for web.

David Thomasson
03-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, indeed, that one should sell. It will make a beautiful print. Nice work.

denise ippolito
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Paul, The color tones are great as is the composition-

Grady Weed
03-04-2009, 05:45 PM
What I find intriguing are the upper light Orangey yellows to the purples and all colors in between the left to right. The light fog at ground level and the sunlight peeking in from the left are a pleasing catch. the lone dead tree on the right side is an interesting scene within a scene. I wonder if you can go back, or find another one to photograph. I like the solitude and warm feeling this image portrays Paul. As usual you portrayed the image in it's most elegant way. Thanks for posting.

Robert Amoruso
03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Paul, I agree and the pano on canvas is all the rage right now. Simple scenes like this do well.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Very nice Paul

Roman Kurywczak
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey Paul,
I remember this! I think the tree seperation is the big key here as well as the fog. Just a nice feel to the image.

Gerald_Gilligan
03-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Paul,
I have come back to this image several times and find that the arrangement of the tree's combined with the tree's that are closest to you help balance the distant tree's.
The mist and sky color push this one over.
I had to use the patented "Roman crop method" to see if the center tree was out of balance, I believe that it is appropriately placed and improves a great composition and great image!

With a 50D, how large can you make this image and still hold the detail?

Jerry