PDA

View Full Version : Threads missing

Roy Priest
03-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I read BPN several times a day and yet when the images of the week are announced most times I've never seem them before. I read both the forum and the new posts yet these seem to make it by me somehow. Any suggestions as to why?

Axel Hildebrandt
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm not aware of missing threads. It sometimes just takes a while until the images of the week are announced.

Paul Lagasi
03-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Roy read previous thread to this one...I've had that problem...now that I went to Hybrid View I seem to get most threads...
Are you using Roger's as ISP
Paul

Roy Priest
03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Roy read previous thread to this one...I've had that problem...now that I went to Hybrid View I seem to get most threads...
Are you using Roger's as ISP
Paul

Thanks Paul, I have changed to hybrid view so we'll see how that works out. What exactly does the hybrid view do?

Paul Lagasi
03-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Hybrid view shows all the replies to a thread, looks like microsoft folders at top of thread....you have change to hybrid once in every forum.
If you click on a Image of the Week forum (for example), then go look at a thread within, you'll see Hybrid view at top (assuming, you've changed it to Hybrid view, within that forum..). Roy I hope I am explaing myself...this worked for me...
Sometimes I post a thread and don't see it (even if I wait an hour), then I log out of BPN, log back in and its there...must be some setting in Windows or IE...I will find out sooner or later

Axel Hildebrandt
03-08-2009, 05:54 PM
It might be worth checking out other browsers if this is the case, Safari and Firefox work for me.

Chris Ober
03-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't see why you would need a different thread view mode to see everything but, you can set it for all forums in your User CP. Setting and Options section, Edit Options and Thread Display Mode.

Chris Ober
03-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Check the "Default Thread Age Cut Off" option and see what it's set to. If this is set to a shorter time, you'll miss the older threads. It's in the User CP, Edit Options section.

Roy Priest
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. Hopefully it's sorted now.