PDA

View Full Version : Lady Finger"

Gus Cobos
03-03-2009, 11:45 AM
“Lady Finger”

</O:pNote: This capture is a double exposure of six frames with a variation in f/stops ranging from f/2.8 to f/22 ; and ISO factors ranging from 200 to 400

This exotic lady was painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D macro lens, and a 20mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode- combination of in camera matrix metering, and hand held spot meter, sampling sundry anchor points, for balanced light distribution. / 1/1640sec. - f/2.8 / ISO @ 200 / exposure comp @ -2.3EV / white balance @ manual, custom profile using an expo disk for calibration / AF Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +3 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / no speedlight - used combination of two 300 watt strobes, powered down to 1/4 lumen burst, with attached white umbrellas, and diffusers in front; two 36" soft boxes, one positioned from the top, and the second soft box placed from the back with an additional diffuser panel in front to tame down the hot spots / support platform – tripod assist, with macro focusing rail / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Gus, I think the colors are fantastic and there seems to be a lovely glow to this! Double exposure of 6 frames-Wow!!

Ed Vatza
03-03-2009, 07:19 PM
A lot of work went into this image and it paid off, Gus. Very nice job. I really like the selective focus here. Well done.

Julie Kenward
03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Beautiful work, Gus. I might clone out that spot of green on the UR side but that's purely personal. That stamen is just drop dead perfection.

Mike Moats
03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey Gus, a very different and cool comp, Love it!

Alfred Forns
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
This is Cool !!! Love the approach to this one Gus Over the top feel !!!