PDA

View Full Version : Northern Caracara

Steve Maxson
03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
This Caracara was photographed in central Florida from a car window using a BLUBB. I removed some large branches from the background. 20D, 500 f/4, 1/1500, f/5.6, ISO 400. Cropped from a horizontal. Comments are welcome.

Randy Stout
03-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Steve:

An attractive bird. Looks like either very early or very late in the day. I think the bird could stand to be a bit brighter for more pop. I like the talon on his left foot that is in profile against the sky. Head angle great. He seems so intent on staring off to our left, that I might give him a bit more room in that direction.
How big of a crop is this? It seems to be a bit short on detail.

I have never seen one of these fellows, despite being in Florida many times, so look forward to catching one myself some day.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Ramon M. Casares
03-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Lovely warm light, nice pose, good comp and nice textures, I would try a bit more sharpening though. COngratulations!

Axel Hildebrandt
03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Great light, head angle and details. I only wish for a lower angle, could you have moved back a few steps?

Lance Peters
03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Gorgeous golden light - agree for my taste a bit more sharpening - don't find the angle to bothersome - but thats just me :)