PDA

View Full Version : Killdeer

Tim Kuhn
03-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I was driving back from Salton Sea and stopped at a highway rest area. I wasn't even out of the car when I heard the killdeers peeping away. I grabbed the camera out of the trunk, layed down and started to take my pictures. You can bet that attracted a lot of attention! Hey you grab them when you can.

50D 500 f4 IS + 1.4 tc ISO 800 f 5.6 1/3200

Randy Stout
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Tim:
Lovely colors in background, compliments the bird. Eye ring is striking. Eye and beak very sharp, if you had time to go for more DOF, that would have been nice, since you obviously had lots of light based on your shutter speed.

Birds head and body angle nice, and your low viewing angle all help make it pop.

Thanks

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
It's not the easiest thing to get close to a Killdeer in my neck of the woods! Although usually the lower the better, I wish you would have lifted your camera a bit while pointing it down to include more leg and also be able to give more room below without having the FG block the way (wouldn't have taken much, just an inch or two). There is abit of colour noise, especially on the shaded part of the belly. A round of colour NR with your favorite such software should take care of that.

Bonnie Block
03-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Love the bg, colors, details, and low angle here Tim. The soft light bg is unusual to get when photographing these guys. My only wish would be for more of the leg showing.

Grady Weed
03-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Daniel gives a nice critique here on this one. About all I could add is, way to go. It looks as if he is pecking on your lens! Talk about close.

Ramon M. Casares
03-03-2009, 08:12 AM
I wish for a little more room on the bottom, but thatīs preety much it for me, very nice image, great detail, colors, light and BG. cOngratulations!

Gyorgy Szimuly
03-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Nice close up image. Wish the legs to be complete.

Szimi

Raymond Barlow
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
excellent image Tim., details, colours, bg, the works!