PDA

View Full Version : Northern Hawk Owl

Nicolas Frève
03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
http://www.pbase.com/nicolasfreve/image/109711123.jpg

<TABLE cellPadding=1 width=450 align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Date/Time</TD><TD class=lid>01-Mar-2009 11:55:31</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Make</TD><TD class=lid>Nikon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Model</TD><TD class=lid>NIKON D3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Flash Used</TD><TD class=lid>No</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focal Length</TD><TD class=lid>700mm / handheld</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Time</TD><TD class=lid>1/2500 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Aperture</TD><TD class=lid>f/8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>ISO Equivalent</TD><TD class=lid>400</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Bias</TD><TD class=lid>-1/3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>White Balance</TD><TD class=lid>auto.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Metering Mode</TD><TD class=lid>matrix </TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Program</TD><TD class=lid>aperture priority</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap></TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for looking :)

Jim Poor
03-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Wonderful! Great action and sharpness. I only wish for a little more on the bottom of the frame to move the subject up a bit.

Edit: How did you get the exif to display like that? Looks like it is pasted from the exif reader from Firefox, but how did you get it centered like that? Code?

Nicolas Frève
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Hello Jim,

Exif is pasted from my pbase page and I used this tool to get it centered:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/nfreve/centre.jpg

Thanks for your comment!

Doug Brown
03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Very nice Nicolas. I would like to see a bit more room at the bottom, but I'd take an image of a Hawk Owl this good any day!

Randy Stout
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Nicolas:

The first thought that came to mind with this one was "dive bomber". I would be very scared if I was his intended target.

The back ground is a bit busy for me, but the bird is so good, that I still love it. Great exposure.

Thanks

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
03-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Cool incoming pose. Did you bait the bird or did you get lucky? Usually, I would find the BG busy but in this case it works for me.

Art Kornienko
03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
BG is busy for me too, I am curious too if you were using bait. The eyes sure look like they are locked on a meal.

Jim Poor
03-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Ah ha. For some reason, every time I try to past that table from Pbase, it gets all out of whack. I'll have to look closer.

Thanks

Hello Jim,

Exif is pasted from my pbase page and I used this tool to get it centered:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/nfreve/centre.jpg

Thanks for your comment!

Arthur Morris
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Riveting eyes, sharpness, and pose. Most of the suggestions above would help, but I make none and offer only a "well done" for this amazing capture. And if it was not baited (see inquiry above), then it is even more incredible.

Lastly a big time welcome and a thank you for your membership support.

Jim Zipp
03-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Boy this is really sweet! The birch trees in the background make it so much more interesting than a plain blue sky. Great job.

Nicolas Frève
03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks all for your comment. This one was not baited, I've catch his attention with a sort of kiss (sounds like a rodent).