PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret mating pair - Gatorland

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Gatorland continues to have excellent opportunities getting better each day as more birds arrive and/or start to nest.

Made a few weeks back. Though I would prefer to not have the two sticks behind them, these two gorgeous birds are just too hard to resist. They are on a nest over the lagoon just as you enter the Boardwalk near the train station - look to the left once on the boardwalk. Late afternoon dappled like provided a different look to this nest and couple that I liked.

Canon 5D Mark II
600mm f/4 IS
1/2500 sec, f/4
Manual
Evaluative
ISO: 100
Flash: Off

Randy Stout
03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Robert:

An elegant pair. I agree about the sticks, and would be tempted to darken the one in the lower birds bill, and clone out the two on top. The bright foilage to the right of the birds is a bit distracting too. The birds are so sharp, the pose is tender, that I think any effort to clean it up is worthwhile.

I hope to make Gatorland in mid march, so this kind of image gets me warmed up..

Thanks for sharing!

Randy

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Beautiful composition and excellent exposure. Love the mating eyes in this pair and the open beak Robert !

arash_hazeghi
03-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Awesome color, is this full frame or cropped? It must contain lots lots of detail

Axel Hildebrandt
03-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I like the interaction, breeding plumage and details and only wish the light trunk in the BG were not there.

John Chardine
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I think the filtered light works here Robert; very nice indeed. There's a nice balance to the image. I am imagining a tight crop of the two heads and necks would be very attractive.

Maxis Gamez
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Robert,

Love the mixed light and interaction. Love the title too!! :D

Take care!

Arthur Morris
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
A nicely designed image and two absolute killer birds.