PDA

View Full Version : Country Sunrise

Rene Quenneville
03-02-2009, 07:44 AM
After a few winter scenes, here is a summer one. Early sunrise. Quick snapshot from the side of the road. The horses started running all over the field right after this shot. I removed some lens flare, and a telephone pole in the distance.

1/125s
f/20
ISO 400
40mm

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey Rene,
I really like this scene overall and how you have very nice seperation between most of the horses. I appears that you need to tone down the saturation a touch as you are getting a bit of bleed in the yellows behind the horses on the left. I'm glad you posted that they ran right after you snapped the picture.......because I was going to recommend a different comp....which I will re-post so that you can play around with it........but sometimes......we only get 1 shot at it.........so we get what we can! I don't mind the fence posts in the FG or the horses on the right.....what i find spectacular is the sun rays/mist/fog/ and composition on the left.....so I used my favorite tool...to see if you could work with something like I re-posted.
Again.....I like the original a lot (especially after a few PP tweaks).........just think the cropped version is that much stronger compositionally. I also pulled back a bit on the yellow saturation. Let me know your thoughts.
PS after posting....I like your colors better.....just work on the bleed.

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Roman's crop is just what I envisioned when I saw this Rene. Good suggestions on the tweaks too. I love the sun rays on the horses.

Paul Marcellini
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
In complete agreement with Roman. What a great atmosphere. I like the crop but prefer it saturated as first presented. I also like a pano crop just above the fence posts.

denise ippolito
03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
I think that you have a lovely image Rene. I agree with Roman about the colors bleeding ,however I did not notice them at first-It has a real country feel to it.Well done!