PDA

View Full Version : Ecuador-Cotopaxi Volcano

ChasMcRae
03-01-2009, 10:57 PM
The staging hut for hikers up the Cotopaxi Volcano in Ecuador.

Chas.

ile size: 180KB
Camera Model: Canon EOS 20D
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Date/Time: 2007:02:22 17:33:19
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Aperture: 16
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 800
Focal length: 600mm
Image size: 800 x 533
Rotation: none
Color space: sRGB
Color profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi Chas,
You've got something going here but you may want to try a few more PP tweaks. All I really did is crop it.....as this put the house in a better position (Rule of fourths).....and even though you used the darker area wisely for the signature....it still needed to go as it didn't add that much compositionally. Now the red flows through the scene. I did a LCE adjustment (making sure not to affect the clouds/fog and added some blue and cyan to tame the red a bit and add more depth. Nicely composed and let me know your thought on the PP tweaks.

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Chuck,

Roman did just what I would have done. The crop was the first thing I thought to do before reading his post. You did well seeing the potential here and framing the hut in a good location. Quite and impressive scene.

ChasMcRae
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone-I like the modified pano crop, but the subtle changes in color are more to taste I would think. I also like the change.
I didnt follow the rule of thirds and the hut because of fog moving in from near the hut over the mountain.
There was a lot of potential at this site ,but just after this picture the fog rolled in and obscured the volcano almost completely while I was there.
Ecuador is a great country with all sorts of habitat in a relatively close relationship.
Chas.
PS: Robert you shooting more birds now ?

ChasMcRae
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
PS__Roman
What is the rule of fourths ?
Chas.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Very nice Chas, love the house on the side of the mountain.