PDA

View Full Version : M1 - The Crab Nebula and the dust surrounding it!

Emanuele Colognato
03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone,

On February 27 me and my wonderful imaging buddies had a dark sky trip to the Big Cypress National Preserve here in South Florida!
Beautiful skies... but around 11.30pm a fog was over us and I was dewed up so I
had to stop imaging.

Anyway, I imaged M1 - The Crab Nebula: it is rather small for my focal length,
but I thought I would give it a try.
Apparently there is a lot of dust (molecular cloud) around M1 and I have never seen any images
that show it, so I guess this is a first!

13 x 10 min subs.
Pentax 125 SDP
SXVF-M25C
Em200
Maxim DL

Sorry, I am not a registered member so I cannot post an image directly in the post!

Image link below (The image is 8.3MB so please be patient while it loads! )
http://www.backyardskies.com/BackyardSkies/M1_Information.html

http://homepage.mac.com/emanuele.colognato/M1.jpg

Thank you for looking and clear skies!
Emanuele

Fabs Forns
03-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi neighbor,
Good to see you here instead of the elevator :)

Fantastic document that took a lot of work. I'm not very familiar with astrophotography, but trying to get the stars at night with Roman, I can appreciate it a lot.
I took a ride in your website and enjoyed it a lot, I'm sure other members will do the same.

Thanks for sharing this and see you around!

Alfred Forns
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Impressive website neighbor !!!! :)

One of the few type of photography I have not tried, sure like those images ... out of this world !!!

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Emanuele,
I'll have to get your neighbors to introduce us and join you all on one of those trips when I'm down in S. Florida! Very nice presentation of something we hardly ever get to see. I like how the larger white stars get the starburst throughout the scene. Ii have only done land based night photography....but my brother is trying to convince me to help him build a telescope. Might have to give in. Thanks for letting us into the astrophotography world and keep them coming!

Paul Marcellini
03-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow, I love this stuff. Great website. Thanks for sharing.

Emanuele Colognato
03-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Fabs, Alfred Roman and Paul,

thank you very much! :) Astrophotography is such a huge passion for me and am always very happy when I can share it with others!

Roman: I'd love to meet you! You should give in in building a telescope, it is incredibly rewarding!

Michael Pancier
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
beautiful shot. I'm looking forward to you're taking some photos of that new comet and posting them here.